Thursday, June 9, 2011

MLB Summer Tour: Tropicana Field



Name: Kaity Lathbury
Team: Tampa Bay Rays
Stadium: Tropicana Field

How many times a year do you make it to a game?:
Once a month!

What is your favorite part of the ballpark?:
Besides the field itself, it would definitely have to be the Ted Williams museum. I get this nostalgic feeling where I get goosebumps when I go up the stairs and see all the jerseys and memorabilia of players from the past. While I wasn't there to watch all of them play, it's all preserved and put on display, but still tucked away so not many people are up there. It's not a secret so much as an under-appreciated part of the ballpark.

What makes the games special?:
The noise level, by far. The roof, combined with the cowbells and vuvuzelas, make games crazy loud. It really gets you pumped up when the guys are winning, and I haven't left a game yet without a raspy voice from cheering at the top of my lungs with a bunch of die-hard Rays fans.

Favorite memory at the stadium?:
My first game on April 9, 2000. I was 6, it was my first pro baseball game, and they got slaughtered by the Indians. While the outcome was horrible, and I cried because I fully expected them to win, I had the time of my life. I was able to attend my first game with my family, and it's a tradition that we've been carrying on for the last 11 years. I actually still have the thunder sticks they were handing out that night and they're proudly on display in my room!

Picture of you:


2 down, and now up to Atlanta for the Braves.

No comments:

Post a Comment