Friday, July 16, 2010

Stadium Report Cards: Centre Bell

I went to a game in late 2008, and I'm not going to Montreal anytime soon, so here's what I thought based on memory


Team: Montreal Canadiens
Location: Montreal, QC
League: National Hockey League (NE)
Built: 1996
Capacity: 21,273
My event: Regular season game, vs New York Islanders

1. Outdoor Design
As you can see above, It's kid of basic. It was just built in a small space in the middle of the city. The stadium was built connected to a subway(?) station, and underground Montreal. That alone is neat.
9/10

2. Indoor Design
Normal stadiums have 3 different levels, Centre Bell had 4! I sat in the farthest seat you could in the very back. Very high up.
8/10

3. Prices
When ESPN ranked the 122 teams in the 4 major sports, one criteria was Affordability, and Bang for your buck. THe Habs finished 109, and 108 in both of those categories.
3/10

4. Food
From what I remember, it was pretty basic food for an arena.
6/10

5. Staff
The staff spoke both French, and English, which helped a lot.
8/10

6. Cleanliness
It wasn't bad, and pretty clean. The whole city was fairly clean too.
8/10

7. Parking
I stayed at a hotel in downtown Montreal, so we walked. But walking up there wasn't any big lot, just tiny small ones that were expensive.
5/10

8. Atmosphere
Best atmosphere I've experienced. The chanting, and partying was one of a kind.
10/10

9. Playing Surface.
It was nice. They had it all prettied up for the 100th anniversary of the team, so that was cool.
8/10

10. Scoreboard

I like it. Clean simple, and affective.
8/10

When I went, they had to take my friend's camera, because it was too big. So I have no picture of me at the game. All these pics were found online. From my calculations, Centre Bell recieved a rating of 73/100.

No comments:

Post a Comment