Monday, July 11, 2011

Old Yankee Stadium

If you know me, you know I do not like the Yankees. But, I do like what they did with the old Yankee Stadium site. They turned the old stadium into a park, including baseball diamonds where the old diamond was. Demolition of the original Yankee Stadium was completed on May 13, 2010. A 10-acre park complex called Heritage Field will be constructed on the old stadium site, accounting for 40 percent of the original parkland that is now occupied by the new Stadium. The groundbreaking ceremony for Heritage Field took place on June 29, 2010.

Obviously it isn't done yet, but just from my estimations, it looks like it should be done by 2012. They really just have to do the landscaping outside. I think it wouldve been soooooo cool if they used old Yankee Stadium seats in the park.


And just for comparison's sake...



Credit to DexterMorgan from the CCSLC boards for the pictures, and the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment