Monday, August 16, 2010

Stadium Report Cards: Five County Stadium


Team: Carolina Mudcats
Location: Zebulon, NC
League: Southern League(North)
Built: 1991, renovated 2000
Capacity: 6,500
My event: Regular season game, vs Chattanooga Lookouts

1. Outdoor Design
From what I saw, there wasn't much of one. It was just kinda normal.
6/10

2. Indoor Design

I've never seen this, and there's a good view of it. The upperdeck is tall, and is directly above the lower deck. The lower deck was about 6 rows, and then broke into the concourse. I thought that was really neat. The outfield wall was pretty cool too.
8/10

3. Prices
The cheap general admission tickets were just 5 dollars, but the food prices were pretty high for what the quality was.
6/10

4. Food
So, I HAD to get a catfish sandwich there. The thing is, it was small and kinda meh.
4/5

5. Staff
The guy doing the peanuts was pretty cool I guess just interacting with the crowd. But nothing else stood out to me.
6/10

6. Cleanliness
It was clean from everything I saw. So theres a plus.
8/10

7. Parking
Parking wasn't free but it was a pretty big lot that was easy to get in and out of.
8/10

8. AtmosphereI thought that it was pretty dull, AND THEN

A fight broke out. After that, it was actually really into it. It helped that they were winning.
7/10

9. Playing Surface.
As you can see, nice pattern and pretty well done. But the infield was kinda chalky near the grass.
6/10

10. Scoreboard

I thought it was pretty cool. there was ads all over, and big.
7/10

I went inside in like 2006, just to go to the gift shop to get some swag. Then it looked really awesome. Now that I've been to it, idk I thought it'd be better. 65/100, but still thought it'd be around a 74.

No comments:

Post a Comment